The project ADRILINK “Adriatic Landscape Interpretation Network” is a project funded by the European program Interreg ADRION within the priority axis related to the sustainability of the Regions.
The general objective of ADRILINK is to promote Landscape Tourism in the Adriatic Region through the creation of a network of Landscape Interpretation Centers, conceived as nodal points of selected thematic routes and itineraries, digitally connected through an ICT platform, guaranteeing the integrated management of tourist services, promoting innovative solutions. The project provides new models of sustainable tourism management aimed at reducing the seasonality of tourism through the enhancement of natural and cultural landscapes as common assets that can be visited throughout the year. By promoting activities for the enhancement of the European natural and cultural heritage, as a key layer of human well-being, the project contributes to strengthening the identity of the Adriatic region as a unique tourist destination.
The whole project is conceived as a “Community Based Project” where the community is the key actor in “thinking/rethinking” its own landscape, using different interpretative keys such as history and art, culture, handicraft, routes and traditions, typicality to reconstruct its own past, understand the present and plan also the future.
The main results expected from ADRILINK are:
(1) Establishment of the Adriatic Network for Tourism on the Landscape;
(2) Development of a common sustainable strategy for the Adriatic landscape destination system;
(3) Creation of a system of new Adriatic itineraries and roots based on landscape interpretation;
(4) construction of a digital platform and app for Adriatic tourism;
(5) implementation of 10 Landscape Interpretation Centers (LIC) equipped with smart technology applications and innovative ICT solutions;
(6) organization of the “Landscape Days” as a unique integrated event-circuit along the Adriatic Region.